Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband is a big fan of creamed corn and loves soup. I came up with this recipe because I needed soup quick and didn't want him to have to eat the same soup for over a week. It is quick and easy and doesn't make a large amount, perfect for 2 people.
- 1 potato, chopped (may use canned)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (can also use half & half)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- diced cooked chicken or ham (optional)
- Chop vegetables and fry in butter& olive oil until crisp tender.
- Add chicken broth and cook covered to desired tenderness.
- Add creamed corn& evaporated milk.
- Add seasonings.
Oh this was sooo good! I made it as directed, doubling ingredients. I added smoked paprika at the end. My hubby requested more potatoes next time. This was so simple to prepare and tasted light and delicious. Definitely a keeper! Thank you!
A GREAT chowder. A meal in itself and one we enjoyed. Creamy,wonderfully flavourful, hearty with that old fashioned taste, special enough to serve to company. Quick and easy to prepare yet comes out tasting like you have spent all day in the kitchen. Made as posted and wouldn't change a thing. Soup lovers that we are now have another soup added to our family cookbook. Thank you Bonnie!
Yummy Soup, loved it. Very easy to make. I used a Sierra Gold potato, found that I didn't have a can of cream corn, so used fresh frozen corn. Used my hand Blender, blended corn & half & half together.This worked very well, then making recipe as stated. I didn't use the chicken the soup was very good without it. I will be making the recipe again, DH loves soup.