1/1 Photo of Cam's Sweet and Spicy Special BBQ Sauce
I've been making this BBQ sauce for years and I finally wrote down the recipe at my oldest instance. This sauce is thin, somewhat sweet with a little kick at the end. I use this to marinade our ribs as well as for basting, dipping etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1in a medium sauce pan over medium heat mix butter, brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil stirring frequently. Boil to 250* not quite hard ball stage.
- 2reduce heat to a simmer and add tomato sauce. The sugar mixture may seize depending on the temperature of the tomato sauce. That's fine, just stir until the sugar mixture dissolves.
- 3add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer 10-20min stirring occasionally. Flavors will develop as it sits.
- 4If you want a thicker sauce cook the butter and sugar longer, but keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn. It'll thicken up in the fridge.
- 5Refrigerate till ready to use, will keep several weeks in the fridge.
- 6I usually make large batches of this and can it.
- 7Serving size is 2 tbls and this makes approximately 2 pints. or 4 cups.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cam's Sweet and Spicy Special BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 51.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 0.1 g