Recipe by Tish
Another delicious desert for your camping experience!
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
Yumm, what a great idea! So easy to make a well. I brought with us two zip lock bags, one filled with brown sugar with spices and the other with mixed chopped nuts and raisins, and we used these two mixtures for stuffing the apples as well as for other food items such as oatmeal. This is a keeper and I can see us making campfire apples on many camping trips to come. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 4 green granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 cup sultana (not golden raisins)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the cores of apples such that the apples are intact with a tube like hole right through the center.
- Keep the skins of the apples.
- Mix the sugar, raisins& cinnamon together.
- Stuff this raisin mixture into the cored apples in the tube-like hole.
- Compact well and wrap each whole apple in aluminum foil paper.
- Place on embers at campfire, wait 8-10 minutes, remove foil and serve.