Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
We still camp in the cool weather and this is a good warm-up soup. No trouble to make and very tasty. Sit around the campfire with a mug of this and it is a heavenly combination.
- 1 cup cooked ham, cut in chunks (cut small)
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup powdered milk
- 1 (8 3/4-11 ounce) can whole kernel corn (with liquid)
- 1⁄4 cup instant mashed potatoes (dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- Heat ham chunks in oil in a large sauce pan.
- Add ALL other ingredients.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
Another cool weather idea is my easy Chili - Heat 1 16 ounce can of black beans in chili sauce, 16 ounces diced tomatoes, 15 ounce can of corn, 2 tsp dried cilantro, 1 tsp. garlic powder. Dinner time? Serve over spaghetti.