1 hr 10 mins
I don't have a clue why these are called "camping potatoes", but they sure are good. Definitely not a low-fat side, but you can use fat-free hash browns (yes, they do make them) and fat-free sour cream. I use half a stick of butter, too.
My Private Note
13X9 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, shredded or diced
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream (I use fat-free)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted (or less if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1/8-1 teaspoon garlic salt, to your taste (optional)
- 1Mix together soup, sour cream and melted butter.
- 2Stir in cheddar, onions, and potatoes.
- 3Press into a sprayed 13" X9" baking dish.
- 4Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Camping Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (1842 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3270.6
- Calories from Fat 2166
- Total Fat 240.6 g
- Saturated Fat 143.7 g
- Cholesterol 611.8 mg
- Sodium 4394.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 91.8 g