Recipe by papergoddess
I don't have a clue why these are called "camping potatoes", but they sure are good. Definitely not a low-fat side, but you can use fat-free hash browns (yes, they do make them) and fat-free sour cream. I use half a stick of butter, too.
Top Review by Chef Lewis
Was good but had to add 20 more min on cooking time because potatoes were still hard. Also next time I make this I am going to cut the butter down to a 1/4 cup. Was oily around the edges.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, shredded or diced
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream (I use fat-free)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted (or less if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1⁄8-1 teaspoon garlic salt, to your taste (optional)