Recipe by Runnergirl19
Fun camping treat for over the fire when roasting marshmallows just isn't enough. Cook time is a guess, it depends on how hot the fire is. Note: cherry pie filling can be substituted for any fruit pie filling. I'm not sure how pudding pie filling would work.
Directions See How It's Made
- butter one slice of bread.
- sprinkle some sugar on top of the butter.
- press butter side down into camping sandwich maker.
- pour 1/4 cup pie filling onto bread (try not to let it get too close to the edges, or it will leak out and stick when cooking).
- butter and sugar another slice of bread.
- place that slice butter side up on top of pie filling.
- close sandwich maker.
- roast over fire rotating often until bread is browned but not burnt (you can take it out and check without ruining the cooking process) Enjoy!