Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is great for a picnic or camping. Make up the pkgs at home keep in a cooler and no problem when ready to cook. I like to add some garlic, and have a peppy sauce on the side to serve with them. Green salad that's it!
- 4 smoked sausage, skinless, cut in 1 1/4 inch pieces (enough sausage for 4 servings)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out 4 sets of double foil approx 12x2-inches or a bit larger.
- Distribute the sausage and veggies evenly between the 4 squares.
- Season to taste and dot with the margarine.
- Start to raise the foil around the filling and add 1/4 cup of water to each pkg Bring the foil up and around the contents making sure the top and edges are sealed BBQ on low for approx 1/2 hour.