Prep 7 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very quick, hot breakfast - or dessert - for camping. Use it when you don't want to waste fuel.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup dried fruit
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- At home, put the rice, cinnamon, and dried fruit in a zip loc bag.
- Label: add 1 1/2 cups water and 2 tbs margarine.
- At camp, put the rice mix and the water and margarine in a saucepan with a cover.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Let sit 5-7 minutes; fluff with fork.
- Serve with a bit of powdered milk mixed with water.
Tried this on a camping trip last year and it worked great! We used dried apples and added a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Doesn't take up much space in the camper and is very filling.