When I was younger, I used to go camping with our church youth group and we would always make sure that this was included on the menu. It's one of those recipes that you know everyone would like. This is scaled down. Note, this is not a diet meal!
- Cook potatoes with their skins in boiling salted water until done.
- Cool, peel or leave skins on, cube or slice.
- Cut bacon in small pieces and fry on medium heat to desired crispness. Drain on paper towel.
- Add aprox. 2 tbls. butter to the bacon fat and fry onions until transparent.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the onions and fry until crust forms. Return bacon.
- Crack the eggs into the potatoes and scramble them around with everything. Salt and pepper to taste. Be careful with the salt, since the bacon is salty. Finish with parsley.
- Good as a side dish, breakfast of course, or as a main meal for 2 with a green salad.
- Cook time is after the potatoes have cooled.