1/9 Photos of Camping Farmers Breakfast
Lori Mama's Note:
When I was younger, I used to go camping with our church youth group and we would always make sure that this was included on the menu. It's one of those recipes that you know everyone would like. This is scaled down. Note, this is not a diet meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potatoes with their skins in boiling salted water until done.
- 2Cool, peel or leave skins on, cube or slice.
- 3Cut bacon in small pieces and fry on medium heat to desired crispness. Drain on paper towel.
- 4Add aprox. 2 tbls. butter to the bacon fat and fry onions until transparent.
- 5Add the potatoes to the pan with the onions and fry until crust forms. Return bacon.
- 6Crack the eggs into the potatoes and scramble them around with everything. Salt and pepper to taste. Be careful with the salt, since the bacon is salty. Finish with parsley.
- 7Good as a side dish, breakfast of course, or as a main meal for 2 with a green salad.
- 8Cook time is after the potatoes have cooled.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Camping Farmers Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.0
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 579.7 mg
- Sodium 520.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 36.0 g