Recipe by Chef RZ Fan
Fresh Coffee brewed in a percolator pot on a Camp Stove - mmmmmm Course grind was hard for us to find so we choose whole beans and grind with the store grinder set on "Course"
Top Review by um-um-good
Thanks for the details. I've been taking a perc. camping for a couple of years & never knew the trick of buying course ground coffee & never let it brew for 15 minutes-what a difference!!! We just got back & enjoyed our yummy, not watery, coffee!
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill pot with water to the bottom of the spout.
- Poke a hole in a paper coffee filter using the center post and then push it down into the basket.
- Place 6 Tablespoons of Course grind coffee in basket with filter.
- Heat the pot until the water just starts to perk. This takes 10 to 15 minutes on our camp stove on high heat.
- Turn the heat to Med-LOW
- The Coffee should be perking every 2 or 3 seconds.
- Perk for 10 to 15 minutes the longer the stronger the Coffee.
- Enjoy the smell and the taste of this camping delight.