Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fresh Coffee brewed in a percolator pot on a Camp Stove - mmmmmm Course grind was hard for us to find so we choose whole beans and grind with the store grinder set on "Course"
- Fill pot with water to the bottom of the spout.
- Poke a hole in a paper coffee filter using the center post and then push it down into the basket.
- Place 6 Tablespoons of Course grind coffee in basket with filter.
- Heat the pot until the water just starts to perk. This takes 10 to 15 minutes on our camp stove on high heat.
- Turn the heat to Med-LOW
- The Coffee should be perking every 2 or 3 seconds.
- Perk for 10 to 15 minutes the longer the stronger the Coffee.
- Enjoy the smell and the taste of this camping delight.
Thanks for the details. I've been taking a perc. camping for a couple of years & never knew the trick of buying course ground coffee & never let it brew for 15 minutes-what a difference!!! We just got back & enjoyed our yummy, not watery, coffee!
This is seriously good coffee! Just like my best friend's mom used to make using this beat up old stovetop percolater with the glass view knob on top! I have an electric percolator and it's close but the old timey percolater can't be beat:) Thanks for posting! Modern drip grind just doesn't work the same.