Recipe by Chuck in Killbuck
Here's an old standby I use often. You can use other little goodies as well, such as mushrooms, real sliced onions, etc. If real potatoes are used, the cooking time will be longer.
Top Review by Potluck
I picked 5 campfire recipes to make over our 4th july island camping trip..My daughter and sil loved this recipe,my DH and I thought it was good,,Next time I might try stew meat and more spices...
- 453.59-680.38 g ground beef
- 4 piece aluminum foil (16-inch -18-inch Squares)
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 453.59 g canned sliced potatoes
- 2 small green bell peppers, chopped
- dried onion flakes, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate meat into 4 patties.
- Place each patty in the center of a square Of foil.
- Top with equal portions of sliced carrots, potatoes and peppers.
- Season with dehydrated onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Seal foil. Check for leaks.
- Place on hot coals for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.