Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's an old standby I use often. You can use other little goodies as well, such as mushrooms, real sliced onions, etc. If real potatoes are used, the cooking time will be longer.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 4 pieces aluminum foil (16-inch -18-inch Squares)
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 16 ounces canned sliced potatoes
- 2 small green bell peppers, chopped
- dried onion flakes, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Separate meat into 4 patties.
- Place each patty in the center of a square Of foil.
- Top with equal portions of sliced carrots, potatoes and peppers.
- Season with dehydrated onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Seal foil. Check for leaks.
- Place on hot coals for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
I picked 5 campfire recipes to make over our 4th july island camping trip..My daughter and sil loved this recipe,my DH and I thought it was good,,Next time I might try stew meat and more spices...
Have been making this for years! Everyone loves it. I use a few more spices like garlic and season-all. Great recipe!
we called these hobo dinners they are really good you can throw these into the freezer and then the oven