Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I spent a weekend in the Mountains and slayed some Rainbow trout. This is the recipe I created at the campsite. It was Awesome! Not a bad word was spoken about it. I still have people talk about those fish.
- Lay fish on single sheet of Foil. Make sure you have enough extra to wrap into a bag around fish.
- Season trout with Cajun Seasoning. You can use whatever seasoning you like. I just happen to have this stuff.
- Cut 1-2 tbsp of butter and place inside the fish.
- Wrap fish up in Aluminum foil, forming a packet.
- Place fish on campfire grate. Now this is tricky. The bigger the fish the longer the cooking time. A good measure is to open it up after about 8-10min and check the eye. If it is white and popped out, that means its good to go. Also test for flakyness of the meat. Don't' worry if you cook the fish a little long. The butter inside keeps the meat moist and tender.
- Remove from grill, Unwrap and devour.
- To eat, Scrape the fish meat downward with a fork to remove the meat from the ribs. Cooking inside the foil makes the meat fall off, so it shouldn't be too difficult.