Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a fast and easy camping recipe for trout. Serving size depends on the size of the fish.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt, as desired
- 4 whole dressed trout, heads on if desired
- Place sugar and a pinch or two of salt in a covered heavy cast-iron skillet over medium coals.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, or until it starts to burn.
- Add butter and trout and shove aside some coals to produce a lower heat under the skillet.
- Cover and cook 5-10 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily.
Great!A little sweet for me,but maybe a little lemon would be great.still very excellent.Will make again,thanks.