Recipe by cervantesbrandi
This is a must have when camping/fishing. It is easy, cooked in the camp fire, and oh so delicious.
- 9 lbs trout (gutted and cleaned)
- 1⁄3 cup white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 roma tomato (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- seasoning salt
- aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay each fish on a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle the inside and outside of the fish with seasoning salt.
- Stuff each fish with a couple onion slices, bell pepper slices, cilantro stems (leaves attached), and a slice of tomato.
- Wrap the trout tightly in the foil and place on the campfire turning the fish every 2-3 minutes. Cook the fish for a total of 5 minutes and enjoy!
- Note; The fish is ready when the skin sticks to the foil and easily peels off and the meat comes right off of the bone.