Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but I found this recipe in a TOH mag from last summer and thought it looked like a novel way to serve salad to kids (or husbands!) while camping.
- 6 (1 1/4 ounce) bagssnack-size corn chips
- 1 (15 ounce) canmild chili
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Cut tops off each bag of chips; set aside.
- Heat chili in saucepan until completely heated through, stirring occasionally. (or heat in microwave).
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons chili into each bag of chips.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, salsa and lettuce.
This is a great way to eat. We recently were in the states for a baseball tournament for DD and the concession served theirs with taco filling and called it "walking taco" Absolutely Loved It.
Known in these parts as a "walking taco."