Recipe by anly1970
This is a meal that we used to eat a lot as kids, because it was inexpensive. My mother originally learned it from the Girl Scouts. The sodium can be a little high, but feel free to try one of the lower sodium vegetable soups. Also, instead of making the mashed potatoes from scratch, I now use the Ore-Ida steam and Mash. What a time saver!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans alphabet pasta and vegetable soup
- 3 -5 lbs mashed potatoes
- milk and butter for potato
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and boil until fork tender. Add milk and butter then mash.
- Brown the ground beef and drain off excess fat.
- Add alphabet soup to the skillet with the ground beef. Heat through.
- Place a serving of mashed potatoes on a plate and make a well in the middle. Spoon in beef and soup mixture.