Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very tasty seasoning for beef or chicken using ground coffee.
Make and share this Campfire Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fine ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons dry tarragon
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (or less if you don't want it too spicey)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 rib eye steaks
- Combine all of the spices into a spice grinder or mortar& pestle and make a medium fine spice rub.
- Generously sprinkle the steaks and press into the meat.
- Let it set at room temp for 30 minutes or so.
- Grill them!
- Adapted, due to available ingredients this weekend, from this months Bon Appetit.
Great flavors but a bit too salty for our taste. I even halved the salt but then again we seldom have either beef or salt. This was a camping treat so I will make again on our next trip with no salt. Thanks for posting it.