Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A fun way to fix potatoes in the coals. The servings all depends on how many potatoes you fix, and the prep time is how large the potatoes are. You need some good coals that will last for a while.
- Slice the potatoes almost all the way through in 3 places leaving just enough to hold it together.
- Slice the onion and put one slice in between each potato slice.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits and a little dill.
- Wrap well with heavy aluminum foil and bury in the coals of the fire.
- Leave untouched for about 45 minutes, and test for doneness by piercing with a fork.
- Note: The fork should lift out of the potato without lifting the potato.
These are very good Chuck! The onion and bacon give the potatoes such a great flavor. Of course, I had to add a little red pepper for a little extra kick. I didn't have any red dill so I used a little regular dill.