Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
We make these whenever we go camping. Tastes great and the kids just love them.
Make and share this Campfire Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- Place the potatoes and onion on a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20"x20"); dot with butter.
- Combine the cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Fold foil up around potatoes and add broth.
- Seal the foil tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
These were Wonderful tasting! I did add a little more cheese like everyone said and kept everything else the same. It was a nice change, from the usual grilled lipton onion soup potatoes. Thanks NurseDi....
These grilled potatoes were awesome. I agreed with some of the other reviewers and added 1 cup of cheese. They were so easy to make and had a yummmmmy smoky flavor. The potatoes were very tender and the whole family raved about how good they were. Thanks for the recipe.
We did these on the grill along with our kebobs. They turned out terrific. 40 minutes cooking time was what it took and the potatoes were tender. Very tasty and so easy. A great side dish for anything grilled. More cheese is a good idea, too. Thanks for a great recipe.