Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet and tender. From Taste of Home.
Make and share this Campfire Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large sweet onions
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cut each onion into 12 wedges; divide between eight pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 12 inch square).
- Top onions with butter, honey and seasonings.
- Fold foil to seal packets tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 20 minutes or until onions are tender, turning once.