Recipe by Chuck in Killbuck
Simple and fun Muffins for the younger ones to do around the fire.
Top Review by CaterP'tater
These are so nifty! I liked how moist the muffins came out, and the added hint of orange was a nice compliment to the flavor. I did mine in the oven b/c I wanted to test them out before I went camping. My mom the picky eater loved them. What a great way to conserve clean dishes! Maybe I'll try mini-muffins in lemon halves next time. Thanks!
- 6 oranges
- 2 (7 ounce) packages blueberry muffin mix (or any flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut oranges in half.
- Scoop out the orange segments to eat alone.
- Reserve the hollow peel shells.
- Prepare the muffin mix according to the package directions.
- Fill the orange peel cups half full of batter.
- Wrap each one loosely with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place in hot coals, making sure that the batter side stays up.
- Cook 6-10 minutes until muffins are done.
- Adding a few berries to the batter adds excellent flavor.
- Note: Use 3 oranges per package of muffin mix.