Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from a kids cookbook so it's really easy. If you don't want to, you don't even have to wash the casserole pan when this is gone. You can make this an indoor recipe by cooking it at 350F in a casserole dish in the oven for an hour or so.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots with a vegetable peeler, and grate them or cut them into really thin slices.
- Remove the skins from the onions and cut them into really thin slices.
- Make four layers in a clean 3 lb coffee can, starting with the ground beef, add the onions, then the potatoes, then the carrots, sprinkling each layer very lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil and set in or on the campfire.
- Cook 30-60 minutes depending on how hot your fire is.
add some corn and gren beans and its a delight!!
My family loved this. I added a layer of onions and celery for good measure and threw an egg into the hamburger. This will become a family favorite for sure.
my family calls this the po mans dinner its really good also you can put green beans in it