Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Super easy campfire treat using readily available ingredients.
- 1 (8 ounce) canpillsbury grands refrigerated biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 lunch size brown paper bag
- campfire roasting skewer
- Put sugar and cinnamon in paper bag and combine well.
- Take a biscuit and stretch out into a "snake" (works best if you let them warm up a bit before using).
- Wrap biscuit around campire roasting skewer and cook over campfire until golden brown and delicious.
- Let cooked biscuit twist cool enough that you can get it off the skewer without burning yourself.
- Put biscuit twist in paper bag, close top and shake to coat with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- *Note: The extra butter-type biscuits work best because the cinnamon sugar sticks better.
It is true the thinner you make the dough the better. I tried this but made it too thick so it burned a bit on the outside and was still doughy on the inside. On the salvagable parts I sprayed some spray-type butter flavored spritz before shaking in the cinnamon and sugar, and it was wonderful. The kids lost their patience with this, and I ended up finishing them up for them. Good for adults.
We had these on our camping trip over Memorial Day weekend. They were an easy yummy camping treat. We had a big bonfire on the beach one night and made these for dessert. I bought the extra butter-type biscuits and we just used green-wood sticks instead of skewers. We also just dipped pieces of the hot bread into the cinnamon-sugar. (I forgot a paper bag) :-) Turned out great,and we found that the thinner we made our "snakes" of dough the faster and more evenly they cooked.