Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was created on a wood stove in my husband's barn and it is delicious! I have tried on our home stove and it remains equally good! Lots of fibre and the whole family absolutely loves it! Great with garlic buns or tea biscuits (Tea Biscuits or Pot Pie Top Crust).
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (540 ml) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (680 ml) canprimo pasta sauce, divided
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (540 ml) canprimo mixed beans
- In a large saucepot, brown beef with 1/2 cup pasta sauce.
- Add diced tomatoes (I use DelMonte Chili-style) and remaining pasta sauce. Add veggies and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1.5-2 hours or until veggies are cooked to your liking.
- Drain, rinse, and add beans. Remove bay leaf. Allow beans to heat through and serve!