Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cracker Barrel restaurant serves something similar to this dish. This is our at-home version. Bone-in meat works best. The chicken flavors the potatoes & veggies so well.
For Each Packet
- 1 chicken thigh
- 1 small russet potato, scrubbed & sliced (or 1/2 medium potato)
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- For each packet, place a 10 inches long piece of aluminum foil on the counter. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sliced potato on the foil. Season them with salt & pepper to taste.
- Top with onions, peppers, then the chicken.
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top of the chicken. Season chicken with salt & pepper.
- Wrap the aluminum foil up tightly, making sure there are no tears or "leaks". Double wrap the packets in foil if necessary.
- Grill at 400 for 35 minutes, or until done. Or, cook over an open fire.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I made it as directed but found that it took about an hour for the chicken and potatoes to cook. The skin on the chicken didn't crisp up at all so I think that next time I would use a skinless thigh instead. I would think that lots of other veggies could easily be added to this as well with good results. Thanks thedixongang for a nice meal. Made for Fall PAC 2012.