Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Don't have to make while camping, I've added mods for "do it at home" But this became a camping staple for us.
- 2-6 red potatoes (one per person)
- 1-3 corn on the cob (1 ear for every 2 people)
- diced onion
- blue cheese, crumbles
- Tabasco sauce
- The night before, while sitting around the campfire, pierce each potato with a fork and wrap in tinfoil. Bury in the coals at the edge of the fire. leave there a few hours (time depends on how big and hot your fire is) when they are soft to touch, remove from coals and set aside, can put in cooler, or just leave on edge of picnic table.
- alternately, if you're at home, bake in oven to slightly-harder-than baked-potato consistency and then put in fridge overnight.
- Night before, boil or brown over fire the extra ears of corn.
- IN the morning, slice the potatos into homefry chunks. Cut the corn off the cob.
- sautee diced onion in butter, when transparent, add potatoes stirring untl hot and browned. Add the corn bits. Sautee until all is hot.
- sprinkle with salt, pepper and a few shakes of tobasco. Add blue cheese crumbles sprinkled over the top. Remove from heat. Put a lid on and let sit 3-4 minutes or until blue cheese is melted.
- also would probably be good with crumbled bacon, but never tried it.
- very filling and delicious campfire breakfast.