Recipe by shawnajean
I love blooming onions and played around with cooking these. I usually serve with a dip.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel onions and cut each one into quarters, keeping onions together.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 clove of garlic in the middle of each onion.
- Double wrap each onion in foil and place on hot coals.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove from coals and unwrap. Season with salt and pepper, then eat.
- You can also serve with a Ranch dip or hot sauce.