Recipe by WiGal
I hope you enjoy this simple homey recipe as much as we do. Perfect for camping on a cool fall evening as I can wrap it in foil--and then DH and I enjoy a glass of wine, or two while waiting:) Red pairs well with this.
Top Review by JenniferK2
I am always on the lookout for camping recipes. I did a test run of this at home in the oven and it did not disappoint! I have a couple sausage and pepper recipes I already use. This is the only one that has you take the sausage out of the casings. I made the recipe as is this first time, but I think in the future will add some bell pepper and onion to the packet, along with some seasoned salt. Maybe a little splash of olive oil. It was good as is, but even better not to have to make a separate vegetable. Looking forward to making this at the campsite! Made for 123 Tag.
Directions See How It's Made
- Get grill going.
- Prepare an aluminum foil bag.
- Wash potatoes, chunk up into bite size pieces, and add to bag.
- Chunk up red onion and add to bag.
- Remove skin from sausage, cut into bite size pieces, and add raw sausage to vegetables.
- Sprinkle on rosemary.
- Seal bag.
- Grill in covered grill for 45 minutes.
- Or bake in covered casserole at 450 degrees.