Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Each camper can add thier favorite ingerdients, seal, and mix it up (that's fun). There's no clean up! Note: Use "Ziploc freezer bags", they hold up better in boiling water.
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 12 teaspoons butter
- 12 tablespoons milk
- 12 ziploc bags
- 2 cups diced ham (optional)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (optional)
- 2 cups bacon, pieces (optional)
- 1 cup diced green pepper (optional)
- 1 cup diced onion (optional)
- Place a large pot of water on the stove and cover until boiling.
- Crack two eggs into each bag.
- Add butter and milk to each bag.
- Add desired optional items.
- Seal bag.
- Kneed the bag(s) to mix ingredients.
- Boil each bag (2 - 3 at a time) for 7-10 minutes in an uncovered pot.
- Unzip the bag and serve.
Nice recipe. I couldn't believe how 'fluffy' this was. One word of warning - don't let the bag touch the edge of the pan - it will melt! I used a leftover cut up sausage link rather than bacon,,, but it was delish. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Just tried this recipe, with maybe a few different things after reading the other recipes listed, and the reviews. We have an annual Christmas time breakfast with friends and family, just before everybody has to go back home after our long Christmas breaks. Turned out great, used dowel rods and clamps to suspend the zip-loc bags into the water. If you add too many ingredients, cooking time needs to be added. Fun for all ages.