Recipe by Marla Jones
My kids had this at their summer camp. My version's a bit easier, they had to peel the potatoes with their teeth!
Top Review by Chef JDecember28
Instead of a frozen pattie, We use 1 lb of fresh burger (in a bowl shape). Carrot, celery, onion, peppers, corn, unpeeled potatoes diced, etc...... Season salt, pepper & salt, McCormics Brand seasoning, Old Bay, Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, etc........ You name it and season it, its gooooood eating. Grilling is the best way for me to cook it. Off the coals so it wont burn on hot spots and still gets that smokey flavor. MMMMMMM GOOD.
- 1 large potato, peeled & diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled & diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 frozen hamburger patty
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place veggies and hamburger pattie in middle of large sheet of aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bring up the two long sides of the foil to meet above the food, fold (crimp) the foil several times until it is snug against the food.
- Fold (crimp) the short ends of the foil several times until snug against the food.
- This will seal the food in and prevent leakage.
- Place package directly on hot charcoal and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes each side (or, you can place package in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Make as many packages as needed.