Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 1 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons instant Tang orange drink
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute, granulars
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a food processor, combine instant tea, powdered creamer, tang, milk powder,splenda, Add ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, allspice and Process for 2 minutes, or until mixture is a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To serve, place 4 teaspoonfuls in a mug, and fill with hot water; stir.
This is as good as everyone says it is! Great holiday gift. One suggestion: when I processed this in the food processor, I got a slight "cloud" of the mixture that seaped out of the edges of the machine. I ended up with chai tea on the floor, counters, windows, etc. The next time I made it, I wet a dish towel, wrung it out and placed it over the top of the processor while I was making the tea. Worked like a charm and cut clean up considerably.
This is a WONDERFUL Chai Tea. I am so glad I found this mix. Just blend in the blender or food processor and store in an airtight jar. Your are all set for whenever you need a Chai Tea fix. Can't wait to serve this tea to friends on our next camping trip. They will be soooo impressed. :-)
Excellllllllent!!!!!! For homemade I found it to be easy to make - I agree with "scrobin" review that it did create a cloud and I used her method to cut down on the cleaning. I also have substituted the flavored powdered creamers in place of the plain creamer and left out the tang. I also like it made with several of the "crystal light" flavors using (2) two of the small containers for each batch. Try it..... you just might like it. Great recipe