Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Bake over an open campfire or pop into the oven. An easy dish... great with scrambled eggs.
Make and share this Camper Sausage Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- In 10 inch cast iron skillet, slowly cook sausages until light brown.
- Arrange links in a spoke-like pattern.
- Cover with apples and brown sugar.
- Prepare batter according to package direction.
- Pour batter evenly over sausage and apples.
- Cover and cook over low flames (or in 350 oven) for 20-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before turning out on clean tea towel.