Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Bake over an open campfire or pop into the oven. An easy dish... great with scrambled eggs.
- 1 lb sausage links
- 1 large cooking apple, pared and sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) box corn muffin mix (plus ingredients to make the muffin batter, milk, water, whatever, read directions)
- In 10 inch cast iron skillet, slowly cook sausages until light brown.
- Arrange links in a spoke-like pattern.
- Cover with apples and brown sugar.
- Prepare batter according to package direction.
- Pour batter evenly over sausage and apples.
- Cover and cook over low flames (or in 350 oven) for 20-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before turning out on clean tea towel.
Oh this was so yummy! A BIG hit with my family! I will be making this over and over again, I made it exactly how it said and it was great but next time I think I may do bulk sausage (without skins) and crumble it on the bottom, so there is some in every bite but it was delicious this way too! Thank you Arrostook for the wonder recipe!!!