Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is our version of Texas or Cowboy Caviar. We compared & combined recipes to make this delicious version. My kids love this as an after school snack.
- 15 ounces black-eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 7 ounces shoe peg corn, drained (or larger)
- 2 avocados, peeled & diced
- 1 (10 ounce) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained (we use Rotel)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- corn tortilla chips
- Mix vinegar, olive oil, cumin, garlic, salt & pepper in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients in large bowl, stir.
- Add reserved vinegar mixture & toss gently.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips.
Made this for the Spring PAC 2013 tag game. I did add some zesty Good Seasoning salad dressing (dry) and some lime juice and oregano for a little more flavor. Perfect. Next time I might try cutting down on the oil a little but there will be a next time! Thank you for posting.