Recipe by origamifreak
Mom used to make this for Thanksgiving or Christmas, depending on which one we were hosting that year (we alternated with my uncle's family). I loved it as a kid, although it's one of those frequently scorned foods. No wonder, as it is incredibly sweet.
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed tomato soup (we always used Campbell's)
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat undiluted soup in pan on the stove.
- Add jello and stir to dissolve.
- When dissolved, remove from heat and add vinegar and vegetables.
- Pour into a square Pyrex dish and chill until set.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water and dip the Pxrex in it to melt the gelatin next to the mold.
- Place plate on top and invert. You might need to carefully slide a butter knife along the side of the mold to release the suction and make the aspic drop out.
- Serve in squares on lettuce leaves.