Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with a fresh salad of tossed greens and cut vegetables, and a tall cool glass of iced tea.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's condensed beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups uncooked corkscrew macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Slice beef into very thin strips.
- In mediumn skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add beef and cook until browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.
- ADD soup, broth, water, Worcestershire.
- Heat to a boil.
- Stir in pasta.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 15 minute.
- or until pasta is done, stirring often.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Heat through.
I am sold on how the corkscrew noodles hold the sauce, as opposed to egg noodles where the sauce slides off screaming all the way. Super easy to make and has just the right amount of beef for us. I normally add onions to stroganoff, so we did feel that ingredient was missing for us and I will add onion next time.
This may not be as good as homemade stroganoff, but I give it five stars because it is VERY quick & easy and still delicious. I usually use ground beef instead of sirloin steak. It is as easy as Hamburger Helper, but I think much better. I often take to 4-H pot-lucks or make for an ease, warm, one-dish meal to take to the guys in the field during harvest.