Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Love these simple tasty recipes to get you through an already busy day. The ornge dijon flavor is wonderful with the chicken. If you cannot get the chicken dijon soup get a cream of chicken soup and add a tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 slice mozzarella cheese
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 can cream of chicken dijon soup
- 177.44 ml fresh orange juice
- 14.79 ml fresh sage, chopped or 4.92 ml dried sage
- 118.29 ml canned mandarin orange segments, drained
- salt and pepper
- Cut a lengthwise pocket in each chicken breast and stuff in a slice of cheesese and a slice of prosciutto Put oil in a skellet and brown the breasts on both sides.
- Add soup, orange juice,& sage, heat to a boil.
- cover and cook for apprs 5 minutes or until the chicken is done Add orange segments, heat through& serve.
In the Netherlands nobody uses a can of soup to put together a meal. Most canned soups here are not suitable and not every supermarket stocks Campbell soups. I often bring them back from England, to use them in recipes like this. I did not have the dijon soup and used chicken with white wine and added the mustard. I was a bit short on orange juice, my orange gave me only half a cup but the mandarin segments were in natural juice so I made up the 3/4 cup with their juice. This was very quick, easy and the flavor of the mustard and the citrus were excellent, nothing was overpowering. The cheese and prosciutto made it more special but you could leave them out I am sure it will still be a very good dish. I served broccoli and small new potatoes with it. Thanks Bergy!
We really liked the orange/dijon chicken sauce, but I wasn't particularly fond of the ham and mozzarella cheese in the chicken. Next time, I think I will not put them in the recipe. Thanks for sharing!