Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You don't have to travel to Monterey, or even to a take-out restaurant, to serve delicious chicken fajitas.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat half the oil.
- Add chicken and cook until browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.
- Set chicken aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining oil.
- ADD pepper and onion and cook until tender-crisp.
- Pour off fat.
- ADD soup and salsa.
- Heat to a boil.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Top with cheese and additional salsa.
- Fold tortilla around filling.
I used the regular mushroom soup, was munching my way through and trying to decide if it was a 4* or 5* recipe, then DH pipes up 'mmmm this is tasty mother'..so that settled it!
Theses are great! I was a little skeptical to try it after I made it, but when I did I couldn't stop. They are very tasty!! my family loved them too!
Super delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!