Recipe by RecipeNut
Creates a quick and easy homemade version of a classic Japanese dish.
Top Review by Recipewrestler
Made this recipe last night. I liked the flavor and the recipe was easy. It's typical Campbell's...you know it's been tested enough that it should come out like you'd expect). I didn't have time to slightly freeze my top sirloin, so I didn't get the strips quite as thin as I'd like (for tenderness). My husband didn't offer much in the way of opinion last night, but refused to eat it today as leftovers. I made him a grilled cheese sandwich while I had this again. It was still OK, but not fantastic. A good, basic dish.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, 3/4 " thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 16 ounces stir fry vegetables, frozen
- 4 cups rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- SLICE beef into very thin strips.
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil in skillet.
- Add beef and stir-fry until browned and juices evaporate.
- ADD soup, soy sauce and sugar.
- Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add vegetables.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.