Recipe by tantuni
Last Thanksgiving we were invited to one of our friends house for dinner. I had this broccoli casserole there and I fell in love with it immediately. Then I tried some other broccoli casserole recipes that I found here and elsewhere on the Internet. None of them tasted like my friend's casserole. Finally I called her and asked the recipe and she told me that she got it from the Campbell's Kitchen. I wanted to share this recipe with everyone who is looking for a simple and extraordinarily delicious broccoli casserole recipe:-) My husband and I just loved it!!!Enjoy...
Top Tweak by Anne R P.
I used fresh broccoli and portabella mushrooms that I cooked first. Substituted cream of mushroom soup with cream of broccoli soup then followed the rest of this recipe. It was a wonderful side dish. I can see adding browned chicken tenders for a main course. Will try that next time.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked chopped broccoli (I prefer fresh broccoli but you can use frozen as well)
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- * Stir the soup, milk,black pepper, broccoli and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. (Add shredded cheddar cheese here if you like cheese).
- * Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the broccoli mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- * Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- * For cheese lovers, stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.