Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Last Thanksgiving we were invited to one of our friends house for dinner. I had this broccoli casserole there and I fell in love with it immediately. Then I tried some other broccoli casserole recipes that I found here and elsewhere on the Internet. None of them tasted like my friend's casserole. Finally I called her and asked the recipe and she told me that she got it from the Campbell's Kitchen. I wanted to share this recipe with everyone who is looking for a simple and extraordinarily delicious broccoli casserole recipe:-) My husband and I just loved it!!!Enjoy...
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked chopped broccoli (I prefer fresh broccoli but you can use frozen as well)
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions
- * Stir the soup, milk,black pepper, broccoli and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. (Add shredded cheddar cheese here if you like cheese).
- * Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the broccoli mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- * Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- * For cheese lovers, stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
Made this as posted, using frozen broccoli cuts which i cooked first in the microwave. My son loved it and he doesn't like cream of mushroom anything! Made again tonite with roasted chicken thighs and oven baked potatoes. The whole meal done in an hour in the oven. Thanks for posting
Made as posted, including the cheeses, this made for a nice delightful dinner. Cooking time was right on the money. No leftovers tonight. Made for I Recommend..
Except for substituting cream of vegetable soup for the mushroom kind, I did follow the recipe & even added some shredded Cheddar cheese as suggested, & we had a very satisfying veggie dish here! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed during this Spring's Pick A Chef event]