Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from the Campbell's website and makes for a great meal on a cold night.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can campbell cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can campbell condensed beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups uncooked corkscrew macaroni
- Cook beef, onion and garlic in skillet until browned.
- Pour off fat.
- Add soup, broth, thyme, tomatoes and zucchini.
- Heat to a boil.
- Stir in pasta.
- Cook over low heat 15 minutes or until done.
Yet another recipe to help use up our surplus of zucchini. The kids liked this recipe but were especially fond of the pasta. I used Fat Free Cream of Mushroom soup when I made this to help make it healthier. I used fresh thyme from my garden, about 2 tablespoons. I rinsed it off and put stem and all into the pan. After cooking you could just remove the stems. I sent the time so I could stir every 5 minutes as it cooked. I'll be making this again. Made for *Healthy Choices ABC Tag 2009* game
Yummy! I made this the other night and increased the thyme a bit. Was going to post this recipe but decided to look it up first:) I have the campbell's cookbook with this recipe in it. So instead, will post the pic I have of it:) Very easy and delicious weeknight meal. Pls note that you need to stir almost constantly the 15 minutes at the end.