Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a magazine and tried it. It is delicious so here it is.
Make and share this Campbells Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir the soup, water, rice, vegetables and onion powder in a 12" x 8" shallow baking dish.
- Top with chicken. Season chicken as desired. Cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minute or until done. Top with cheese.
- Serve with a green salad and bread of your choice.
I don't know what I did wrong. I followed the recipe exactly. Chicken was raw after 45 minutes.
This is a tasty, easy dish. I made a few adjustments though. I cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and put some raw onion into the mix. The dish came out watery at first so I had to put in a cup of mayonnaise to thicken it up.
Loved it! Great Easy meal. I used broccoli instead of mixed veggies. I recommend everyone do the same. I will definitely make this again.