Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a magazine and tried it. It is delicious so here it is.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir the soup, water, rice, vegetables and onion powder in a 12" x 8" shallow baking dish.
- Top with chicken. Season chicken as desired. Cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minute or until done. Top with cheese.
- Serve with a green salad and bread of your choice.
Followed the recipe to the tee including the baking dish and added 15 min to the cooking time . After an hour of cooking , the chicken was raw . Now I'm reheating the oven and looks like the chicken needs another 30 min at least , maybe more . First and last time I use this recipe .......
I've been making this for about 10 years... I add salt, and a can of mild diced chillies to mine. Comes out great every time. Although I will say that I do bake it longer than 45 minutes... More like an hour.. Then take off the foil, add cheese and let it bake another 5ish. Comes out every time.
I don't know what I did wrong. I followed the recipe exactly. Chicken was raw after 45 minutes.