1/2 Photos of Campbell's Abc's Vegetarian Vegetable Soup
After fooling around, I have come up with the perfect tasting homemade version to this classic canned soup! At the age of 35, this is my favorite "feel better" soup when I come down with a cold. The ABC's are fun for the kids too! If you don't want to go vegetarian, use beef broth instead of vegetable broth or a combo of both.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen vegetables (diced carrots, corn, peas, green beans, lima beans, diced potatoes)
- 6 ounces vegetable juice
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup alphabet pasta, uncooked (pastina would work also)
- 1Cook pasta according to directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine vegetable broth, veggies, juice, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, basil and pepper.
- 3Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Drain pasta; add cooked pasta to soup and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Campbell's Abc's Vegetarian Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 239.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g