Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so easy and so tasty. The taste is made different by changing to different soups. Try with your favorite soup, or try all combinations as I have.
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash pepper
- In bowl, stir soup until smooth; gradually blend in eggs and pepper.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter; pour in egg mixture.
- Cook over low heat.
- As mixture begins to set around edges, gently lift cooked portions with large turner so that thin, uncooked portion can flow to the bottom.
- Continue gently lifting cooked portions until eggs are completely set, but still moist.
This works great in a crock pot. I fixed this when we had company and they wanted the recipe. Thanks for posting.
My husband's Mom makes these and the boys always love them so I was glad to find the recipe here. Made them yesterday and used the Cream of Chicken, and it was good, but next time I'd use Cream of Mushroom instead as I am indifferent about the "chicken flavor in my eggs". These make plenty, and are moist and great for buffets or weekend brunch. Give it a try!
Yummy, just like I remember when i was a kid. It is way simple to make--we had it for supper. Thanks for posting it.