Recipe by rickie
Yummy on almost everything...hot dogs/ hamburgers/ cold meat sandwiches. I got this from a dear friend over 40 years ago.
- 8 large cucumbers
- 1 large cauliflower
- 4 onions
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 8 cups white sugar
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash/prepare all veggies - (trim cauliflower; peel & seed peppers/ peel onions.
- Grind all veggies (I use a sorta medium size 'template' on my mixer's grinder attachment).
- Put veggies in large bowl.
- Spread 1/2 cup pickling salt over all.
- Top mixture with ice cubes.
- LET STAND 1 HOUR. THEN DRAIN WELL.
- Mix all DRESSING ingredients (NOT THE VEGGIES YET) in a large pot (size to suit).
- Cook over medium heat until 'thickened' — be careful not to scorch. Watch -- and stir -- (be careful not to scorch the bottom.).
- When sauce is thickened sufficiently, add the veggies and cook for 20 minutes.
- Again, stir and watch carefully.
- Put in prepared 'canning' jars & seals -- and follow your canner's instructions.