Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sorbetto is a dessert -- intermezzo is a palate cleanser. This sharp-tasting ice is a bit of both, and highlights Italy's love of Campari and citrus flavours. Enjoy it between courses, or let it be a light touch to finish off an opulent and rich meal. The jovial and playful Bum Bag Hags created this Italian-type dish for the Zaar World Tour in mid-2008. Recipe can easily be halved.
- 4 to 5 pink grapefruits, juice of
- 120 g caster sugar (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup campari
- 4 -5 drops Angostura bitters
- Mix together all ingredients until sugar dissolves.
- Churn in an ice cream maker, according to manufacturer's instructions.
You got me with Campari!! This is so refreshing clean and cooling. Brain freeze so take it slow. I decided to present this as I did my Recipe #83190, in a 1/2 of a frozen cleaned out grapefruit peel. Thank you!
Easy to make, beautiful to look at. The taste is very refreshing with a bit of a bitter chaser. Perfect to cleanse the palate between courses when you are having a fancy party.