- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 oranges, zest of (blood oranges)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 3 tablespoons campari
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar and water in a 1-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the zest; set syrup aside to cool.
- Mix the syrup with the juice; strain the juice (if you prefer), or leave in the pulp.
- Add in Campare; mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Freeze in ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s directions.