Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
CAMPANILE RUSTIC PEACH TART (Crust)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold, cubed
- 4 teaspoons ice water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- (Filling) 2 cups peeled, sliced peaches 3 Tbsp sugar 1 Tbsp corn starch 1/8 tsp ground cloves To make dough combine flours, sugar and salt in electric mixer with butter and mix with dough paddle at lowest speed until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Combine ice water and vanilla and sprinkle over dough.
- Mix on lowest speed with paddle until dough forms rough ball and pull totally away from sides.
- This takes 3-4 minutes.
- Place on well-floured board and gently knead until dough is smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Form into disk, wrap with plastic and refrigerate until very cold, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and half hour before dough is to be rolled out take out of refrigerator.
- On well-floured board roll out in a circle to about 1/8 inch thick (or rectangle for 8 smaller tarts). Transfer to ungreased bake sheet. Combine peach filling ingredient until cornstarch is not visible and place in middle of dough.
- Fold up dough and pinch joints.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes then at 350 for another 35-40 minutes until crust is golden.
- --Campanile and LA Times.